Hello, my name's Jay and I'm a professional British English teacher here on Verbling!
Here's a few facts about me!
➔ I filmed and edited my own Verbling video.
➔ Since the age of 17 I have founded, built-up and sold three businesses for profit.
➔ I have taught English to over 350 students in over 40 countries around the world.
➔ I drink far too much tea and coffee.
➔ I do voluntary work for UK law enforcement agencies.
➔ I achieved a First Class Honours Degree from university (Top 15%).
➔ I am a green belt in Shotokan Karate.
➔ I currently have a 1070 day streak on Duolingo - language learning platform.
➔ I always want my students to get the very best out of my lessons!
Here’s what I think about myself as a teacher.
➔ I am happy, calm, friendly, patient, understanding and student focused when teaching English.
➔ I understand that everyone is different and learns in their own way.
➔ I always actively listen to the needs of my students.
➔ I am able to adapt my teaching style to fit my student's needs.
➔ I use active listening skills to correct my students if they make a mistake. ➔ I am not afraid to challenge my students in my classes as this regularly happens in real life.
➔ I have taught myself to speak a little slower on Verbling , however, I won’t be offended if you tell me to speed up.
About my lessons and teaching style.
You will always receive:
1. A guaranteed high speed internet connection (400mbps download, 25mbps upload).
2. Excellent sound quality (I teach from my office using professional sound equipment).
3. Students can receive a personalised ‘Student Progress Tracker' (SPT) where they can keep track of their English progress, homework, new vocabulary and lesson notes (optional).
4. Students can receive an ‘English Action Plan’ (EAP) where they can set their English objective and learning goals, helping them to stay focused (optional).
5. Direct contact with me through email where my students can ask any English related question.
6. I will read and mark your English homework within 24 hours.